The USA F1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that enables foreign students to pursue full-time studies at a recognised academic institution in the United States. Students who have been approved to study at a US university and want to complete their programme are given this visa.
A Form I-20, which serves as proof of the student’s eligibility for the USA F1 visa, will be provided by the school after acceptance.
By the time students reach a stage of applying for USA F1 visa, they not only have worked very hard for a long time (sometimes more than a year) but also spent a sizable amount of money towards the test taking and application process. Hence obtaining the USA F1 visa is a very crucial step towards realisation of one’s academic goals. Our experts, who have over 2 decades of experience, have helped tons of students secure USA F1 visas.
Here are seven tips for obtaining a student visa (F1) for study in US.
- Provide documentation of money sufficient to pay for the first year of tuition, living expenses, insurance, and other fees.
- Clearly and succinctly state your motivations for getting a higher education.
- Avoid overdressing; you are not required to wear a suit if you are a student who has just graduated from high school.
- Provide reasonable justifications for your university selection for study in US. You will be able to better explain your motivations if you do extensive research about the university, the course, the electives, and practically the full echo-system.
- Complete and accurately fill out all of your forms. Any factual omission, whether deliberate or unintentional, may lead to rejection.
- Take all necessary paperwork. I-20, DS160 form, Visa appointment letter, Sevis fees, Passport, academic transcripts, official scores from standardised tests (GRE, GMAT, SAT), English proficiency testing results (IELTS, TOEFL), financial documentation, and job history
- Be ready for your visa interview in advance. Have an open frame of mind throughout the interview and be ready to respond to questions about your study plan, financial preparation, future plans, and university or program of choice.
EdElevate’s expert guidance
Want to get started on your journey to study in US and obtain US study visa?
Our expert counsellors at EdElevate will guide you and help you throughout your application process with our unique offering customised admission mentoring based on your interests, with coverage of the best colleges in every discipline. Right from choosing the best study abroad option for you to mentor you, to building a strong profile, we offer a variety of services to assist students in realising their dream of study abroad.
Apart from offering guidance for a US study visa, we provide assistance in crucial admission processes including shortlisting universities based on the student’s unique profile and area of interest, essay ideation and brainstorming, essay review, reference letter and resume reviews, interview preparation sessions, and more.