Remember the time when you had just cleared high school and were looking for options for further studies?
Undoubtedly, engineering is the most preferred option for undergraduate studies in our country among the masses. And this is because engineering as a profession is considered to be respectable and even noble. Engineers are considered to be the backbone of any workforce and they constantly are at the forefront of scientific innovation.
Thousands of students enter engineering colleges each year, with a majority of them owing to the prestige attached with it. However, not everyone who opts for engineering would be passionate about it. Isn’t it? Which is why after a certain point of time, many students realise it is not their true calling. Deep down their true interest lies in other fields, or they may be more suited to another stream of work, business and management being the prime option. Many seek to combine their newfound engineering and technology skills with the management domain as well.
In this ‘sink or swim’ stage, the only question that comes to students’ minds is how they can rectify this situation without wasting more crucial years of their career. One program that can help them make the best of the situation is a Masters in Management (MiM). The best thing is that students can get admitted to an MiM program right after their undergraduate or engineering program and do not need work experience.
In this blog, we will be discussing why the MiM program is the best career path for students after engineering who want to get into business and management right after their undergraduate program. But before getting into that, we should know what exactly the Masters in Management program is.
Let’s get started….
What is a Masters in Management Program?
The Master in Management (MiM) is a graduate degree that teaches general management skills to recent graduates or those with minimal work experience. The program has recently emerged as a cost-effective alternative to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) for graduates from a variety of disciplines with little or no professional business experience who want to kickstart their careers in management.
The Masters in Management program focuses on marketing, finance, entrepreneurship, consulting, and allied sectors, similar to other management degrees. The following are the most important factors that will help you comprehend the advantages of choosing this degree programme:
– Excellent for people seeking postgraduate courses with a high return on investment.
– Working professionals can advance their careers by pursuing higher education.
– MiM courses are for students who have a passion for the fields of finance, marketing, and management.
– MiM is an excellent alternative for applicants looking for management courses other than MBA.
– Affordable as compared to MBA
Top Universities to Pursue Masters in Management
MiM degrees have grown in popularity in recent years, not only in Europe, but also in the United States, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Below are some top universities that are providing Masters in Management Programs across the globe:
- HEC Paris, Jouy-en-Josas, France
- London School of Business and Finance, UK
- Essec Business School, Cergy, France
- ESAD, Barcelona, Spain
- ESCP Europe, Berlin, Germany
- London School of Economics, London , UK
- Duke’s Fuqua School of Business, North Carolina, USA
- Columbia University, USA
- Stanford University, USA
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA
- McGill University – Desautels Faculty Of Management, Montréal, Canada
Eligibility Criteria of studying Management in abroad:
Before beginning the application process of studying abroad, candidates should review the course prerequisites.
The following are the requirements for pursuing a Masters in Management (MiM):
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university is required. Some colleges have a minimum GPA requirement, so applicants should double-check.
- The candidate must achieve the required score on an English language proficiency test such as IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
- A legitimate GRE or GMAT score, as required by the university.
- 2 Recommendation Letters (LORs)
Choose EdElevate to pursue your dream of studying MiM!
EdElevate, India’s most trusted education consultants, churn the best out of you and guide you towards schools to pursue Masters in Management where you can best realise your potential. It is a one-stop destination for all your study abroad dreams.
Rather than following the traditional approach of study abroad consultants, we focus on providing individualised admission advice and mentoring based on students’ interests, with coverage of the best colleges in every discipline. We understand that evaluating each of our students’ candidacy and strengthening their profile is just as vital as their essays and interviews.
We also offer thorough admission counselling and documentation assistance to students wishing to attend top universities throughout the world.
Aside from personalised consulting and mentoring, we offer a variety of services to assist students in realising their dream of study abroad, such as shortlisting universities based on the student’s unique profile and area of interest, essay ideation and brainstorming, essay review, reference letter and resume reviews, interview preparation sessions, and more.
With all of these benefits, EdElevate is the best place for students to join and work towards their dream of studying abroad and subsequently developing a successful career.